Ok, Finding an apartment will not be tough. But depends on area you are looking for, and your requirements. Best thing is to phone the landlord of the apartment your are interested in, and ask about conditions, restrictions, and available facilities. Talk about monthly rent and other deposits (such as a security deposit or damage deposit) before you decide. Normally, electricity and water bills will not be included in your monthly rent. Also….talk about conditions of your lease. It is very important.
I have listed following web sites for you to find an apartment.
- Colliers McClocklin: http://www.colliers4rent.com/
- Saskatoon Kijiji: http://saskatoon.kijiji.ca/
- The Star Phoenix: http://www.househunting.ca/
- USSU Housing Registry: http://www.ussu.ca/housing/index.shtml
- Classifieds from a local paper: http://saskatoonstarphoenix.oodle.com/
- MLS: http://www.mls.ca/splash.aspx
- Craigslist: http://saskatoon.en.craigslist.ca/
- Gottarent: http://www.gottarent.com/sk/saskatoon/
- 24/7 Apartments: http://www.247apartments.com/rentals/Saskatchewan/Saskatoon.asp
- RentSaskatchewan: http://www.rentsaskatchewan.com/
Check out the Housing Bankbook from City of Saskatoon for further details. This is a very useful information package. Download Housing Handbook.
If a problem arises between you and the landlord, Contact the Office of Rentalsman, 122 – 3rd Avenue North, Saskatoon. Tel: 933-5680.
Buying a House:
You can go to a bank or a mortgage dealer to apply for a mortgage to buy your first house. Do little bit of shopping to find a good deal. Mortgages are often repaid over 20 to 30 year period. You know that interest is charged on the amount your owe. To buy a house, a down payment of 5% to 25% is often required.
You can check for the house you want from the following websites;
- MLS: http://www.mls.ca/index.aspx
- Saskhouses: http://www.saskhouses.com/
- Royal lePage: http://www.teamfisher.com/
- Kijiji: http://saskatoon.kijiji.ca/
If you need any help, Contact me at;
Priyashantha@yahoo.com (Dr. Sumith)
Previous: Let me drive
Next: Further helps